Dreams of the Technarion
Format: Ebook for Kindle (.mobi) + iPad / iPhone / Android / Nook / others (.epub).
More by Sean McMullen
Hugo finalist and steampunk master Sean McMullen presents ten science fiction stories that skirt the borderlands of reality—and most of the science is not fiction.
- The Andromedans will arrive and wipe us out in a few centuries, so should we be worried?
- We can't yet accelerate a space probe to a tenth of the speed of light, but we already have the technology to slow it down.
- Will humanity be doomed unless all astronauts go on creative writing courses?
- Oscar Wilde is dead, so why is he still writing?
- What Roman warship was powered by fish?
- Why were the Metropolitan Police interested in quantum entanglement back in 1899?
- Why was an American typist trying to save the world from computers in 1875?
And this volume includes: OUTPOST OF WONDER - SF in Australia 1832—2017
Based on the research for Sean's twenty-six books and articles on Australian SF, this is the amazing, heroic, sometimes amusing and occasionally horrifying story of nearly two centuries of science fiction by Australians. How many Hugo Awards has Australian SF brought home? How many Oscars? Which Australian novels may have saved the world? Who wrote and staged a feminist space opera in 1958? More Australian SF has been published since 2000 than in the rest of its history put together, but what are its prospects for the future?
If you want answers, you will have to keep reading.
This ebook is in your choice of formats that work for almost every ebook reader and has no copy protection ("DRM"). Read it on any reader you want, any time.
We hope you enjoy the ebook! If you like it, please tell others to visit www.ReAnimus.com/1582
Don't have an ereader? Try a
Kindle from Amazon.com |
(The Kindle HD is especially nice) Buy your Kindle from us — same low price, and a portion of each Kindle sale goes to support the Critique.org Writers Workshops.